Hormones kind of run the show in our bodies. Not having a happy balanced endocrine system can lead to stress, anxiety and many other issues. Take it from me I have personally been there and it's not a tea party :) So it is very important to learn ways to support our endocrine system and one way is with this delicious Women's Wellness Tea.
So What is the Endocrine System?
Your endocrine system is made up of a network of glands. These glands secrete hormones to regulate many body functions, including growth, metabolism, tissue function, sexual reproduction, sleep, emotions, cravings, etc. Endocrine diseases (hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, adrenal fatigue, etc.) are common and usually occur when glands produce an incorrect amount of hormones.
Given all of that, we want to make sure that we show our endocrine system lots of love so it functions as optimally as possible. But it's important to recognize the signs of endocrine and hormonal imbalance. Some of the most common signs and symptoms include:
- Infertility and irregular periods
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Hot Flashes
- Low libido
- Changes in appetite
- Hair loss and hair thinning
- Depression and anxiety
- Digestive troubles
Do any of those signs sound familiar? The good news is that when we support our endocrine system with healthy eating habits, healthy sleep habits, essential oils and supplements, and when we eliminate toxins and harmful chemicals that contribute to the depletion of healthy hormone levels, our bodies have an amazing ability to restore balance!
Women's Wellness Tea
8 oz. glass mason jar
1/2 cup Organic dried Red Raspberry Leaf
8 drops EndoFlex Vitality Essential Oil
- Add 8 drops of EndoFlex Vitality Essential Oil to the sides of mason jar. Turning the jar to coat the sides.
- Add 1/2 cup of dried organic red raspberry leaf.
- Put lid on jar. Turn the jar on it's side and with a rolling motion mix the tea around the sides of the jar so that it will pick up the essential oils.
- Each day for the next three days turn jar to mix up the tea a few times.
- After three days your tea is infused with the endocrine system support of EndoFlex and Red Raspberry Leaf :)
- Add 1 tsp to a tea steeper or natural unbleached tea bag, add boil water and steep for 8-10 minutes.
EndoFlex Vitality is a blend of Spearmint, Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, Nutmeg, and German Chamomile essential oils. This unique blend supports a healthy lifestyle and is a perfect addition to your daily wellness regimen. This blend may be balancing and In addition to the popular Spearmint Vitality essential oil, EndoFlex Vitality oil features Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, Nutmeg, and German Chamomile supportive to the endocrine system.
This nutrient and mineral dense herb has a taste that is similar to a black tea but does not contain any caffeine. The unique profile of red raspberry leaf makes it beneficial in supporting the female reproductive system, immune system, and overall women's health and wellness.
For Instant Access to more information about supporting Women's Wellness naturally click here link below for a free digital class.
There is just something about a warm cup of herbal tea in the evening to make me all warm and cozy before bed. Or let's face it, any cold day in winter :) I love playing scientist in the kitchen mixing and blending different herbs and flowers and infusing them with essential oils. I wanted something light and citrusy for spring so I combined hibiscus, rose hips, lemongrass and dried orange peal with a splash of Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil and I am in love! Here is my latest herbal tea blend.
1/2 cup organic dried lemongrass
2 tbsp organic rose hip seeds
2 tbsp organic dried hibiscus flowers
2 tsp organic dried orange peel
10-20 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- Add drops of essential oil to mason jar, truing to cover inside of jar.
- Add dried herbs/flowers to mason jar
- Add lid and and shake well to mix. I like to turn the jar on its side and and mix with a rolling motion.
- Leave sealed for three days, mixing the tea inside once a day to infuse.
- Add 1 tsp to hot boiling water, steep and enjoy!
Lets learn a little more about these ingredients
Some benefits include: packed with antioxidants, may help lower blood pressure, blood fat levels, and boost liver health, promote weight loss, support cellular health and could help fight bacteria.
Some benefits include: Boost immune system, aid in weight loss, aid digestive system, Support heart health, and may prevent rheumatoid arthritis
Some benefits include: Help with digestion, weight loss, Lower blood pressure and support heart health, boost the immune system and is packed with antioxidants.
Check out my blog from last week to learn more about Citrus Fresh and a delicious Fruit Tart recipe too! http://naturallyyl.com/blog/6226/easy-fruit-tart
Looking for a unique gift for a teacher, co-worker, friends or family? These super cute tea ornaments are very simple to make and who doesn't like a nice warm cup of tea on a cold day :)
Here is what you will need:
Large glass ornament (3.25 inches, I got mine at the craft store)
1/2 cup loose leaf tea (I used organic English Breakfast)
1-2 tsp dried orange peal (optional but looks cute:)
7 drops Bergamont Vitality Essential Oil
- Rise out glass bulbs and let dry
- Add essential oils inside glass bulb, swirling to cover the inside
- Insert funnel and slowly pour in loos tea. If the tea gets stuck in the funnel this is where the chopstick comes in. Gently poke until the tea falls through. (DO NOT poke too hard as you could break the ornament.)
- Add in 1-2 tsp of dried orange peel.
- Add top back on ornament and shake to mix well.
- Let infuse for at least three days before serving.
- To serve add 1 tsp to a tea steeper of tea bag and steep for 4-5 minutes, enjoy!
Now it's time to decorate! Add a bit of ribbon, maybe a sprig of berries from the craft store and a cute tag and you have a unique gift to give this holiday season. Pair it with a nice mug to make a little set.