Hormones kind of run the show in our bodies. Not having a happy balanced endocrine system can lead to stress, anxiety and many other issues. Take it from me I have personally been there and it's not a tea party :) So it is very important to learn ways to support our endocrine system and one way is with this delicious Women's Wellness Tea.
So What is the Endocrine System?
Your endocrine system is made up of a network of glands. These glands secrete hormones to regulate many body functions, including growth, metabolism, tissue function, sexual reproduction, sleep, emotions, cravings, etc. Endocrine diseases (hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, adrenal fatigue, etc.) are common and usually occur when glands produce an incorrect amount of hormones.
Given all of that, we want to make sure that we show our endocrine system lots of love so it functions as optimally as possible. But it's important to recognize the signs of endocrine and hormonal imbalance. Some of the most common signs and symptoms include:
- Infertility and irregular periods
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Hot Flashes
- Low libido
- Changes in appetite
- Hair loss and hair thinning
- Depression and anxiety
- Digestive troubles
Do any of those signs sound familiar? The good news is that when we support our endocrine system with healthy eating habits, healthy sleep habits, essential oils and supplements, and when we eliminate toxins and harmful chemicals that contribute to the depletion of healthy hormone levels, our bodies have an amazing ability to restore balance!
Women's Wellness Tea
8 oz. glass mason jar
1/2 cup Organic dried Red Raspberry Leaf
8 drops EndoFlex Vitality Essential Oil
- Add 8 drops of EndoFlex Vitality Essential Oil to the sides of mason jar. Turning the jar to coat the sides.
- Add 1/2 cup of dried organic red raspberry leaf.
- Put lid on jar. Turn the jar on it's side and with a rolling motion mix the tea around the sides of the jar so that it will pick up the essential oils.
- Each day for the next three days turn jar to mix up the tea a few times.
- After three days your tea is infused with the endocrine system support of EndoFlex and Red Raspberry Leaf :)
- Add 1 tsp to a tea steeper or natural unbleached tea bag, add boil water and steep for 8-10 minutes.
EndoFlex Vitality is a blend of Spearmint, Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, Nutmeg, and German Chamomile essential oils. This unique blend supports a healthy lifestyle and is a perfect addition to your daily wellness regimen. This blend may be balancing and In addition to the popular Spearmint Vitality essential oil, EndoFlex Vitality oil features Sage, Geranium, Myrtle, Nutmeg, and German Chamomile supportive to the endocrine system.
This nutrient and mineral dense herb has a taste that is similar to a black tea but does not contain any caffeine. The unique profile of red raspberry leaf makes it beneficial in supporting the female reproductive system, immune system, and overall women's health and wellness.
For Instant Access to more information about supporting Women's Wellness naturally click here link below for a free digital class.
There is just something about a warm cup of herbal tea in the evening to make me all warm and cozy before bed. Or let's face it, any cold day in winter :) I love playing scientist in the kitchen mixing and blending different herbs and flowers and infusing them with essential oils. I wanted something light and citrusy for spring so I combined hibiscus, rose hips, lemongrass and dried orange peal with a splash of Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil and I am in love! Here is my latest herbal tea blend.
1/2 cup organic dried lemongrass
2 tbsp organic rose hip seeds
2 tbsp organic dried hibiscus flowers
2 tsp organic dried orange peel
10-20 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- Add drops of essential oil to mason jar, truing to cover inside of jar.
- Add dried herbs/flowers to mason jar
- Add lid and and shake well to mix. I like to turn the jar on its side and and mix with a rolling motion.
- Leave sealed for three days, mixing the tea inside once a day to infuse.
- Add 1 tsp to hot boiling water, steep and enjoy!
Lets learn a little more about these ingredients
Some benefits include: packed with antioxidants, may help lower blood pressure, blood fat levels, and boost liver health, promote weight loss, support cellular health and could help fight bacteria.
Some benefits include: Boost immune system, aid in weight loss, aid digestive system, Support heart health, and may prevent rheumatoid arthritis
Some benefits include: Help with digestion, weight loss, Lower blood pressure and support heart health, boost the immune system and is packed with antioxidants.
Check out my blog from last week to learn more about Citrus Fresh and a delicious Fruit Tart recipe too! http://naturallyyl.com/blog/6226/easy-fruit-tart
I love to cook but baking is so not my thing... So when I needed to make a desert over the weekend for a gathering I was at a loss. I thought "a fruit tart sounds really yummy!" until I looked at how complicated the recipes were. No time for all of that! So I came up with an easy and delicious version of a fruit tart. This recipe takes minutes and is perfect for upcoming holidays like Easter and Mother's Day.
- Large graham cracker pie crust (I used a ready made because of time but you could totally make your own)
- 8 oz. organic cream cheese (softened)
- 10 oz. organic Greek yogurt (I used 2 of the personal sized)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 8 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil
- Fresh fruit (I used strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- If making your own crust, prepare crust. Or take the lid off a pre made one :)
- In a medium size mixing bowl (glass, stainless steel or ceramic. NOT PLASTIC) add softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt and coconut sugar. Mix with a spatula.
- Add Citrus Fresh essential oil and mix again until combined.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese mixture for a few minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Fill pie crust with filling and spread it evenly. Place in fridge while you prepare the fruit.
- Cut fruit and layer on top of the filling. This is the fun part where you can create fun little fruit designs.
- Put back in the fridge until ready to serve.
This puts a little twist on a fruit dip recipe I have made before. Using that recipe with a little tweek for the filling made this fruit tart super simple and so yummy!
Citrus Fresh is a blend of Orange, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Tangerine, Lemon, and Spearmint essential oils. This is my all time favorite essential oil to add to my water. (remember only use citrus oils in glass, stainless steel or ceramic). Citrus Fresh Vitality can also provide an internal boost with its antioxidants and cleansing properties. Use it in marinades. salad dressings and your next desert creation!
You would not believe the amount of yuck on fresh produce! Even if its organic! I always make sure to wash my fresh fruits and veggies first with Thieves Fruit and Veggie Wash or Spray. This unique formula combines three exclusive Young Living essential oil blends with other naturally derived ingredients to effectively wash your produce. It’s highly concentrated for long-lasting use.
- Safely and effectively cleans fruits and vegetables
- Doesn’t affect taste of fruits or vegetables
- Highly concentrated for long-lasting use
- Great for both conventional and organically grown produce
Ready to get started with Young Living!
I would love to help answer any questions you have and help you get started. Click the link below for more information and to get in contact with me.
I love spring! After a long winter it always feels so nice to open up the windows and let the fresh air in the house and clear things out. This time of year I love to load up my diffuser and make room sprays with fresh citrus scents. By using essential oils instead of candles I am not only infusing my home with a lovely natural toxin free scent but my family and I can also enjoy the therapeutic benefits that essential oils have at the same time.
You can really play around with different essential oils and come up with so many different recipes. The base of the recipe is the same equal parts distilled water and a neutral spirit then add in your essential oils of choice. Here is the latest one I just made up to keep in the bathroom.
Spring Time Room Spray
4 oz. glass spray bottle (you can order these on amazon)
2 oz. distilled water
2 oz. neutral spirit (Witch hazel or vodka work well)
6 drops Lavender Essential Oil
6 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
10 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
1. Add liquids to glass spray bottle leaving a little room at the top.
2. Add in essential oils (The reason for adding the oil last is just incase you over fill with the water or neutral spirit. You don't want to accidentally waste those precious essential oils by them spilling over:)
3. Add spray top and shake well before each use.
4. Spray in the air to freshen, spray on linens, or spray on pillow before bed.
Tangerine has a sweet, calming aroma. It has a very concentrated citrus scent that is sweeter than any others in the citrus family. Paired with Lavender and Cedarwood in the recipe above make it perfect for a relaxing pillow spray for a restful night sleep.
Cedarwood essential oil’s woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused to help support a relaxing nighttime routine. The cleansing and moisturizing properties associated with Cedarwood also make it a great addition to your favorite skin care products. When applied topically, it can help maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful skin. You can also massage Cedarwood oil into your scalp to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking hair.
Some other fun combinations to try...
Key lime Pie
3 drops Lemon
5 drops Lime
6 drops Stress Away
6 drops Lemongrass
4 drops Rosemary
2 drops Juniper
2 drops Peppermint
Want to learn more about getting started with essential oils? Click the link below I would love to help answer any questions and help you get started!
With the weather getting warmer and my feet being back in flip flops I realized that my feet needed a little TLC after a long winter. Salt scrubs can be an great way to slough off the dry skin, leaving your tootsies soft and supple and ready for Spring! This recipe makes a perfect gift for Mother's Day or for that new mom or bride to be too:)
1/2 cup Espom salts or sea salt
1/4 cup pink Himalayan salt
1 tbsp dried lavender
1 tbsp dried rose petals
2 drops Lavender essential oil
1-2 drops of Rose essential oil *optional but makes it smell amazing!
1/2 cup cold pressed sweet almond oil
Glass or ceramic mixing bowl
(You can get the dried flowers on amazon)
The combination of Epsom salts and pink Himalayan salts work to scrub off the dead skin and give you a good dose of trace minerals. With your skin being the largest organ on your body and the pores on your feet being larger than other areas, you can get those much needed minerals all while you pamper yourself. So much of the modern food we eat is devoid of these essential minerals so it is important to supplement to make your your body is getting what it needs.
- Add salts and dried lavender and rose petals to bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add in sweet almond oil and essential oils and mix well.
- To use scoop out a dollop and massage into feet paying attention to rough or dry areas. (I recommend doing this in the bathroom close to a bathtub or have a little basin of water near by)
- Once a layer of scrub is covering your feet, wrap each foot in a warm, damp towel and leave on for at least 10 minutes. this will allow the nourishing oils penetrate deep into the skin and allow the body to adsorb the minerals from the salts.
- Use damp towel to wipe off scrub or rinse in warm water and pat dry.
- Follow up with your favorite natural lotion.
- This scrub can also be used on the body in the shower after cleansing or as a hand treatment.
Your feet will not only smell absolutely amazing but they will feel super soft. I did this before bed and could smell the oils on my feet while I was laying in bed. They were like my own little personal diffuser :)
So lets learn a little more about the different ingredients in this recipe.
Did you know it take 22 pounds of rose petals to make one 5 ml bottle of Rose Essential oil!? This is just one reason this is a highly prized essential oil. Its sweet, rich aroma encourages feelings of positive self-reflection and can create an uplifted feeling when inhaled. It has been used for thousands of years topically to leave skin looking radiant.
Lavender cleanses and soothes minor skin irritation, can be soothing to the skin after a day in the sun, reduces the appearance of blemishes and supports aging skin. It is wonderful applied to dry and stressed skin.
Sweet Almond Oil
Rich in Vitamin E, monosaturated fatty acids and many other healthy minerals and vitamins, sweet almond oil is wonderfully moisturizing. Use for smooth beautiful skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by helping to repair the skin's collagen layer. Great for strengthening nails.
Click Here For more recipes and information about essential oils for pampering yourself and great gift ideas.
*Recipe inspired by Marlene Adelmann in Willow and Sage magazine.