This is a fun and easy DIY project that you can have the kids help with too! So bundle up, head outside and take a nature walk to find some pinecones and make the prefect holiday gift.
Pine Cones, baking sheet, foil, ziplock bag, twine or ribbon, and essential oils.
1. Soak pine cones for about an hour to get rid of critters if you got them from outside.
2. Lay the cones out on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake them in a 200º oven for about 30 minutes. This helps the cones open up.
3. Once they have cooled, place them in a ziplock bag. Sprinkle about 30 drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil on the cones in the bag. Cinnamon bark/Clove is also a great combo.
4. Let them sit in the bag for 1-2 weeks. Place in your favorite holiday bowl and enjoy the amazing holiday scent. Hang them on the tree or decorate a gift bag by hanging one from the handle.
2 oz. glass spray bottle
1 oz. witch hazel or vodka
1 oz. distilled water
Pinch of salt
10 drops Christmas Spirit essential oil
4 drops Thieves essential oil
1. Add salt to the glass bottle then add essential oils. (the essential oils adsorb in the salt and will disperse more evenly once liquids are added)
2 cups unscented Epsom salts
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp sweet almond oil or carrier oil of choice
¼ cup dried peppermint leaves
4 drops Lavender essential oil